Stipends & Benefits
Trainee stipends are equivalent to Barnes-Jewish house staff stipends for comparable years of experience. The possibility of research fellowship support for additional research training for unusually well qualified applicants can be arranged on an individual basis.
Additional benefits include:
- Annual vacation (15 working days)
- Allowance for one trip annually to a scientific meeting
- Photocopying allowance
- Meals at reduced rates in the hospital
- Two lab coats annually with embroidery
- Free MetroLink passes for Washington University employees
- Paid medical liability insurance
- Participation in group health plans; dental plans variable depending on origin of salary
- Life, accidental death and dismemberment, and long-term disability insurance are available
Further details are available through Human Resources at the School of Medicine.